Feel Free to Contact Us Now! Call us +91 (996)21-43721
Join Bachelors in Engineering or Bachelors in Technology courses at one of the top 20 engineering colleges in Tamilnadu – Sastra University. SASTRA is an ideal place for candidates to become extraordinary. Do you know why? All thanks to its state of art facilities and regularly revised curriculum meeting the international standards. Not only that, SASTRA’s academic performance has improved its ranking to 26th place in NIRF 2020 and has gained the fame of being among the top 30 universities in India. The highest paid salary of previous year was between 28- 30 lakh per annum. The average paid salary of UG students is between 4.5-5 lakh per annum.
About Sastra University
Everything starts from zero. But SASTRA started from one, which is Shanmugha College of Engineering, Thanjavur. Started in 1984, Shanmuga College of Engineering offered a limited number of technical courses for students visualizing a successful career in engineering. As days went by, through smart work and engaging efforts, the engineering college became SASTRA University by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in 2001. Now, SASTRA University runs a total of eight schools and two centers offering UG, PG and research courses. Recently, the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) has honored the meritorious institution with ‘A+’ grade for its performance in the education sector.
Why SASTRA University?
Sastra, one of the top engineering colleges in Tamilnadu has tied up with international institutes and has signed MoU with meritorious international institutions for student exchange programmes. Till date, SASTRA University has placed more than 78% of students who have finished UG courses at top reputed companies. The median salary package offered for students studied engineering at SASTRA University in 2020 ranges between 3.5 to 4 lakh per annum.
Why Should I Join SASTRA University?
Ranked under top 50 institutions in India by NIRF, SASTRA University is a premier institution to offer engineering and research level courses. SASTRA University is Category-1 university, recognized by UGC. Its international ties and ideology of giving importance to research does. Not only placements, facilities and technical skill sets help an individual to become successful, but research knowledge , creative and logical thinking plays a major role in moulding new age engineers. Hence if you’re planning to build your career in research and engineering, SASTRA University is an ideal place for you.
Specializations at SASTRA University
Applications are Opened for SASTRA University 2021
❖ Job-related curriculum and syllabus meeting international standards
❖ State of the art research facilities and pre placement offers
❖ Conducts regular workshops on new age skill sets.
❖ The university stands out with 90 % placement ratio.
❖The median pay grade offered to passed outs was between 4-4.5 lakh.
❖On an average, 10% of students have opted for higher education, finishing undergraduate at SASTRA.
The institution allots more than 15% of its revenue on research and development of curriculum and certificate programmes that mould students with new skills.
- SASTRA allows admission on the basis of merit and students clearing JEE mains with high scores are awarded with scholarships and extra benefits.
- Based on the rank list, seats are allotted through counselling.
- International students are exempted from entrance examinations.
- For students seeking scholarships, SASTRA University conducts entrance exam. Students Scoring the best will get a scholarship up to 90%.
- If you have any doubts in the registration process, feel free to call us. We are glad to guide you in the process of admission.
- Age: Candidates, whose date of birth falls on or after July 1, 1999.
- Educational Qualification : A pass in 10, + 2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination with a minimum 50% aggregate of marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- For Bioengineering departments, a Pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum 50% aggregate in Physics Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology is required.
- Based on the rank list, seats are allotted through counselling sessions.
- Students with Valid JEE scores are also eligible for B Tech Admission.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Business System
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science)
- Computer Science & Engineering in Cyber Security & Blockchain Technology)
- Computer Science & Engineering in IoT & Automation)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering in Smart Grid & Electric Vehicles)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering in Cyber Physical Systems)
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information & Communication Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering in Digital Manufacturing)
- Admissions are open for students joining through us.
- First, the student has to get registered at the college with appropriate details.
- We do that over a call through our career counsellors, complete the admission process and finalize the seat for you at the desired institution.
- Student getting enrolled through us, will get discounts between 25-75% on fees.
- Post successful payment of fees and clearing exam, students will be invited to join the college.
- If you’ve doubts in seeking admission to management quota, kindly click here.
Scholarships and Student centric benefits
For students excelled in class 12 examination and entrance exam conducted by the institution, scholarships benefits are provided. In addition to scholarships, fee waiver schemes and discounts on tuition fee are also provided based on ranking. Meritorious students with a good record are offered the best to gauge the sea.
To avail scholarship and fee discount benefits, fill in your details here with marks scored in the class 12 examination. We will help you get admission and discounts/scholarships.
Students joining through us are eligible to receive discounts of up to 75 % on fees from our partnered institutions.
Students with high scores are eligible to receive scholarship benefits directly from the institution.
Facilities That Matters at SASTRA University
Life at SASTRA University is awesome. Being one of the Top 20 engineering colleges in Tamilnadu, SASTRA creates recreational and best place for students to study. SASTRA’s campus has it’s own advantages and student centric facilities meeting the demands of student community. SASTRA is not only meant for study, each campus is built with outstanding amenities that every student needs.
FACILITIES THAT MATTERS
Within the eco-friendly campus of Sastra, accommodation facilities are built with natural ventilation support. The institute has 9 boys’ hostels and 6 girls’ hostels to accommodate 4000 boys and 2400 girls.
Types of hostels:
1. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 4-in1 (Bath Attached).
2. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 3-in-1 / 4-in-1 / 5-in-1 / 6-in-1
Features of Hostels:
All rooms are air conditioned and equipped with water heaters for hot water supply.
Based on requirement, single bed options or shared with both A/C and non-A/C rooms are available. Hostelers are served with both non- vegetarian and pure vegetarian food prepared under hygienic conditions in the central kitchen.
What if a student falls ill? No worries, the university management has ensured availability of medical facilities through establishment of a health centre inside the campus. A dispensary with qualified doctors on-call 24/7, a day is present . Other than treating medical needs, the medical team is encouraged to conduct regular medical checkups for all students every year.
To dine healthy and hygienic, the institute runs in house canteen for students and staff. The facility is open to day scholars, staff members and visitors. To ensure, ‘Students are healthy’, the food served is prepared in a hygienic and authentic way. Most importantly, the canteen is designed in a way to bring relaxation.
SPORTS & EXTRAS
SASTRA gives equal importance to sports and academics. All students are encouraged to get involved and accomplish in sports and extracurricular activities. In order to be mentally and physically fit, play grounds, stadium and indoor courts are installed in the campus.The Department of Physical Education conducts inter-university, state level and national level tournaments every year.
- Cricket ground
- Football Ground
- Basketball court
- Volleyball Court
- Kabaddi Court
- Ball badminton court
An add-on advantage is the banking facility. A branch of a nationalized bank is functioning in a separate building inside the campus on all working days. So that the students can make use of personal banking facilities which includes withdrawal of cash via ATM here.
- 1,02,600 books
- 290 journals and magazines related to Engineering, Management, Legal etc.
- 18,000 Springer e-books from the various subject collections
- 3,39,787 Ebooks
- 1800 CD/DVDs resources
According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework, 90% of students who finished UG Engineering at SASTRA University in 2020 are placed at top companies successfully. The average pay grade of students ranges between 4-4.5 lakh per annum. Like top universities in India, Sastra has set its own curriculum for students to study. Most importantly, the curriculum is regularly revised to meet the job requirements and international standards.
(LAKH) HIGHEST SALARY
RANKED UNDER TOP INSTITUTES
Yes, this college has a good collaboration with various corporate firms and they come for placement and more workshops are conducted regarding placements on a regular basis and through those workshop, they provide complete awareness about the sources and job opportunities.
T.Kamal Kishore, LLB.
Madras High Court