Feel Free to Contact Us Now! Call us +91 (996)21-43721
Vellore Institute of Technology
Well known for placements, Vellore Institute of Technology ranks second among the top 10 deemed universities in India. This is because of VIT’s policy in curriculum revision. VIT has set its own curriculum for students to study which is regularly revised to meet the job requirements and international standards. Hence the university ensures, “No VITIAN goes unemployed.” The highest paid salary of a VIITian is between 40- 42 lakh per annum and the average pay of VITian is between 5 and 5.5 Lakh per annum
Started as Vellore Engineering College (VEC) in 1984, VIT has grown up through hard work and smart improvements. VEC has become VIT after gaining University status in 2001 by University Grants Commission (UGC). From a sprawling green spread of over 372 acres In Vellore, VIT manages its three other campuses situated in Chennai, AP-Amravati, and Bhopal. Since it began, VIT aims at bringing dynamic engineers to the society. For that, the institute strives hard by upgrading curriculum and syllabus regularly. All thanks to its international connections with top educational institutions in the US and Europe.
The institute has been offered with Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC for its unexpectional infrastructure developments and producing placement opportunities .Not only that, Vellore Institute of Technology has secured 15th place among the top universities in India- NIRF (National Institutional of Ranking Framework). It offers 51 undergraduate programmes, 32 postgraduate, 11 Integrated Programmes and Research Programmes through its four campuses.
Why Vellore Institute Of Technology ?
Students scoring the best in the entrance examinations conducted by the university and TNEEE are awarded with scholarships and other benefits. This has been proved in the NIRF report 2020.The report reads that at least 10 % of students taking up courses and programmes offered study through scholarship and other means
- Age: Candidates, whose date of birth falls on or after July 1, 1999.
- Educational Qualification : A pass in 10, + 2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination with a minimum 60% aggregate of marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and with not less than 55% individually in each of these three subjects.
- Candidates should clear the VITEEE (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination – Engineering 2021.
- First, candidates should apply and write VITEEE 2021.Once the exam is over, rank list will be published on the official website.
- Based on the rank scored in Entrance Examination – Engineering 2021, candidates are evaluated for admission through counselling session.
- After examination, candidates are advised to register for counselling sessions for four campuses.
- During counselling, candidates can choose the preferred campus if the course is available there.
- Scholarships are offered based on student score and rankings.
- Aerospace Engineering(Bhopal)
- Bioengineering (Bhopal)
- Chemical Engineering(Vellore)
- Civil Engineering(Vellore & Chennai)
- Computer Science and Engineering(Vellore, Chennai, Andhra Pradesh and Bhopal)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics(Vellore)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Information Security(Vellore)
- Computer Science and Engineering with Business systems(in collaboration with TCS)(Vellore and Andhra Pradesh)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Science(Vellore)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Internet of Things(Vellore)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Analytics(Andhra Pradesh)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Networking & Security(Andhra Pradesh)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in AI and Machine Learning(Chennai and Andhra Pradesh)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Cyber Physical Systems(Chennai)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence(Andhra Pradesh)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Gaming Technology(Bhopal)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Cyber security & Digital Forensics(Bhopal)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in BlockChain Technology(Vellore)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics(Chennai)
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Robotics(Andhra Pradesh)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Health Informatics) (Bhopal)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics(Bhopal)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering(Vellore, Chennai Bhopal)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering(All four campuses)
- Electronics and Communication with specialisation in Biomedical Engineering(Vellore)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in Embedded Systems(Andhra Pradesh)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialisation in VLSI(Andhra Pradesh)
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering(Vellore)
- Electronics and Computer Engineering(Chennai)
- Information Technology(Vellore)
- Mechanical with specialisation in Automotive Engineering(Vellore)
- Mechanical Engineering(All four campuses)
- Mechatronics and Automation(Chennai)
- Production and Industrial Engineering(Vellore)
Facts about Vellore Institute Of Technology
Applications are Opened for 2021
❖ 93% of students are placed at reputed firms at good pay grade.
❖ The median scale of CTC received by the students of previous year was between 5 to 5.5 lakh per annum.
❖ On an average, 15% of students have opted for higher education, finishing undergraduate at VIT.
❖ VIT has made tie-ups with more than 700 reputed firms including Microsoft, Amazon and Udaan.
❖ It has signed MoU with more than 300 international universities for student exchange programmes and educational collaboration benefiting students.
❖ The institution allots more than 15% of its revenue on research and development of curriculum and certificate programmes that mould students with new skills.
Scholarships and Student centric benefits
For students excelled in class 12 examination and entrance exam conducted by the institution, scholarships benefits are provided. In addition to scholarships, fee waiver schemes and discounts on tuition fee are also provided based on ranking. Meritorious students with a good record are offered the best to gauge the sea.
To avail scholarship and fee discount benefits, fill in your details here with marks scored in the class 12 examination. We will help you get admission and discounts/scholarships.
Students joining through us are eligible to receive discounts of up to 75 % on fees from our partnered institutions.
Students with high scores are eligible to receive scholarship benefits directly from the institution.
FACILITIES THAT MATTERS
VITs’ are not only meant for study, each campus is built with outstanding amenities that every student needs. To meet the demands of changing trends and student employability, through international ties, VIT upgrades its facilities and curriculum every year. Learning at Vellore Institute of Technology ensures the active exploration of innovations, by students. To produce the dynamic engineers of today, intermediate programmes and training labs are introduced to the students. To attain that, the top university of India increases capital allotted for infrastructure development every year. Through its collaborations with international universities, VIT improvises its curriculum, academic facilities such as library, laboratories, and Auditoriums, every year.
What if a student falls ill ? No worries, the university management has ensured availability of medical facilities through establishment of a health centre inside the campus. A dispensary with qualified doctors on-call 24/7, a day is present . Other than treating medical needs, the medical team is encouraged to conduct regular medical checkups for all students every year.
VIT believes in one mantra, “Hostels are nothing, but a second home”. That’s why the accommodation facilities at VIT are built in an eco-friendly area inside campuses to provide comfortable, safe, inclusive and secure living. VIT’s Vellore campus has a total of 24 hostels including 18 men hostels and 6 women hostels. The number differs at each campus.
Features of VIT Hostels:
- All rooms are air conditioned and equipped with water heaters for hot water supply.
- Based on requirement, single bed options or shared with both A/C and non-A/C rooms are available.
- Hostelers are served with both non- vegetarian and pure vegetarian food prepared under hygienic conditions in the central kitchen.
- The VIT management committee conducts regular meetings with students to ensure their happiness and learn if there are any requirements / queries to be addressed.
To dine healthy and hygienic, the institute runs in house canteen between 7 am and 7 pm for students and staff. The facility is open to day scholars, staff members and visitors. To ensure, ‘Students are healthy’, the food served is prepared in a hygienic and authentic way. Most importantly, the canteen is designed in a way to bring liseureness and relaxation.
A provision store has been built inside campus to cater the stationery and other requirements like domestic goods, toiletry, provisions, etc. The store also stocks publications, audio/video cassettes, herbal/ayurvedic products, etc. .
Other than a general store, the amenity centre houses a tailoring shop and a men’s hair salon.
An add-on advantage is the banking facility. A branch of a nationalised bank is functioning in a separate building inside the campus on all working days. So that the students can make use of personal banking facilities which includes withdrawal of cash via ATM here.
On request, students can make use of transportation facilities through reasonable payment at the institute. The college buses function on all working days to pick up and drop day- scholars from specified locations in the city and enroute.
- 2,40,802 books
- 412 Print journals
- 15,024 online e-resources including e-journals, conference proceedings, and e-databases
- 3,39,787 Ebooks
- 18080 back-volumes
- 15,812 CD/DVDs resources
- 14 Daily News Papers
SPORTS & EXTRAS
At VIT students are encouraged to get involved and accomplish in sports and extracurricular activities, a lot. The sports facility at VIT Shopping Complex consists of a fully air conditioned gymnasium and Snooker Hall. A separate fitness centre for men and women is also available in the campus.
In order to be mentally and physically fit, play grounds, stadium and indoor courts are installed in the campus. The Department of Physical Education conducts inter-university, state level and national level tournaments every year, and Smt. Rajeswari Viswanathan Memorial tournaments for schools and colleges..
As per NIRF data, Vellore Institute of Technology has a higher placement rate of up to 93%, compared to top universities in India. Like top universities in India, VIT has set its own curriculum for students to study. Most importantly, the curriculum is regularly revised to meet the job requirements and international standards.
th ranked at NIRF
Lakh per Annum
Yes, this college has a good collaboration with various corporate firms and they come for placement and more workshops are conducted regarding placements on a regular basis and through those workshop, they provide complete awareness about the sources and job opportunities.
T.Kamal Kishore, LLB.
Madras High Court