Why should one study Bachelors in Respiratory Therapy?
To help patients breathe and get recovered from breathlessness caused by notorious diseases such as the recent hit pandemic -Covid-19. The rise of covid-19 has proved the failure of health systems across the globe and lack of specialists such as respiratory therapists, doctors, etc. Before the pandemic, the course – Bachelors in Respiratory Therapy or the professional – Respiratory Therapist, were not popular, because the need was less.
But now, the situation is different and demands more experts in the field of life saving medicine. Thus many countries including India, have come forward to improvise their health systems and fulfil their demand. Hence, courses such as Respiratory Therapy will have a robust scope among all other courses in medicine. So, It’s not better late or too early, but the right time to join Bachelors in Respiratory Therapy, today.
In this article, we – Topper educational Consultants have come up with insights about the course, eligibility criteria, opportunities around and top colleges to study.
The course- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy or B.Sc. in Respiratory Therapy is a three years undergraduate degree in allied sciences and available at top allied sciences colleges in Chennai and Tamilnadu.
About the Course – Respiratory Therapy
Respiratory Therapy is a new branch in Allied Health Sciences and a profession devoted to the scientific application of technology in order to assist in the diagnosis, treatment, management and care of patients with cardiopulmonary and associated diseases. Respiratory therapists are professionals who work alongside doctors and healthcare professionals to evaluate, treat and care for patients with breathing issues and other cardiopulmonary disorders. The therapists also perform diagnostic tests and limited physical examination.
On a general basis, the average annual course fees at top colleges in Chennai ranges between INR 3 to 8 lacs. However, students with good scores and privileged through certain government recognized quotas will get scholarships of up to 75%, when joined through Toppers Educational Consultants.
Eligibility Criteria for the course – B.Sc Respiratory Therapy
- To become eligible for the bachelors programme, candidates need to pass HSC or 10+2 exam or equivalent exam of the relevant board.
- Then, the candidate should apply for the course at the desired colleges/institute through official website or Toppers Website/
- Then, based on aggregate marks in HSC, candidates will be called for counselling and admission will be processed then.
- Candidates can visit Toppersno1.com or call +91 99621 43721 to get enrolled without any issues.
List of Top Allied science Colleges in Chennai and Tamilnadu
- Dr.M.G.R University, Chennai
- Vinayaka Missions Research Foundation, Salem
- Saveetha Medical College, Chennai
- MMM College of Health Sciences, Chennai
- Meenakshi Medical College, Kanchipuram
- SRM Institute of Medical Sciences, Chennai
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
Opportunities and Salary Data
Graduates with adequate knowledge and experience are eligible for the following roles : Respiratory therapist, Clinical application therapist, Product manager, Manager, medical sciences, Consultant pulmonologist, and Product trainer. The average salary package starts from 3 lakh per annum and the highest salary package offered for the role is 7 lakh per annum at top health centres.
For direct admission at top allied sciences Colleges in Tamilnadu, call +91 99621 43721.